Art This Way, a program of Downtown Fort Wayne, will host the 2023 Art This Way Art Crawl: Alley Bash, presented by Downtown Fort Wayne and TriCore, on Friday, September 22, from 6:00-10:00 p.m.
Art This Way will refresh the annual Art Crawl fundraising event with various changes. The 2023 Art This Way Art Crawl: Alley Bash event and programming will be held outdoors in Downtown Fort Wayne’s art-filled alleyways. This year’s event footprint will include the Bill Blass Runway, The TriCore Porch Off Calhoun, and the patio space behind JK O’Donnell’s, all of which are part of the Double Plus alleyway network in Downtown Fort Wayne.
This vibrant, urban event will feature artists in motion, live music, the sale of alcoholic beverages, a silent disco, and a family-friendly scavenger hunt with huge prize giveaways. Dash-In and JK O’Donnell’s will be the two featured beverage providers for the event. No indoor venue locations or food will be included as part of the event ticket this year, although food will be available from surrounding businesses.
Tickets are available for $10.00 per person, and all proceeds go toward funding public art in Downtown Fort Wayne. Additionally, between now and Monday, September 4, purchase an event ticket and T-shirt bundle for $25.00, with a $2.00 surcharge for XXXL T-shirt(s) to pick up on the event day. To receive your ticket(s) and T-shirt(s), bring your receipt of purchase to the event check-in kiosk on Friday, September 22. The event check-in kiosk will be at The TriCore Porch Off Calhoun, located at 816 South Calhoun Street, Fort Wayne, IN 46802. This special bundle is pre-sale only.
– Theoplis Smith III, aka Phresh Laundry [painting demo]
– Joseph Pelka [painting demo and pottery]
– Angelina Passemoto [painting demo]
– Julie Wall [printing press demo]
– John Kelty [plein air painting demo]
– Drece Guy [painting demo]
– Seth Green [pottery wheel demo]
– Greg Duncan (Sol Eye Glass) and Emily Simpson [fused glass display]
– Julia Hyndman [painting demo]
– Diane Young [painting demo]
– Jasmine Pilkinton
– Madison Matilda Radcliff
– Tammy Davis
– Bonnie Andrews
– Hanna Rutigliano
– James & the Drifters [folk rock]
– Rosalind & the Way [bluegrass/ folk rock]
– DJ Polaris [R&B, soul, contemporary]
– C. Ray. Harvey [electronic/ house music]
– Debutants [folk/bluegrass]
– Farmland Jazz Band [big band/jazz]
– Silent disco DJ: Joshua Helton
Lutheran Life Villages’ Make Music Fort Wayne piano will return to the event this year with special thanks to Kevin Naber.
In 2022, the Art This Way Art Crawl drew a crowd of over 2,250 people, and the fundraiser helped Art This Way raise additional funds for public art programming in Downtown Fort Wayne.
For more information and to purchase tickets for the 2023 Art This Way Art Crawl: Alley Bash, please go to ArtThisWayFW.com. For those interested in volunteering at this year’s event, please complete the SignUpGenius form.
The 2023 Art This Way Art Crawl: Alley Bash is presented by Downtown Fort Wayne and TriCore, proudly sponsored by Friends of the Rivers, Bill Blass Legacy, Inc., WANE 15, JK O’Donnell’s, Dash-In, Poptique, Pop Pop Balloon, HOT 107.9, ARC Document Solutions, and GLO Magazine.