The Downtown Improvement District’s Mission Statement is: “Advancing Downtown Fort Wayne as the vibrant, urban core of northeast Indiana.”
Become a Sponsor: Last year, events planned or supported by the Downtown Improvement District brought more than 190,000 people to the center city, visiting restaurants and retail, while encouraging new business, activity and economic investment. Sponsorship of a Downtown Improvement District event increases your brand awareness locally and shows that your company cares about its community. Your contribution can be tax deductible.
Who We Are: The Downtown Improvement District (DID) is an Economic Improvement District established under Indiana State Statute. Our services improve the business climate of the district and allow owners of non-residential real property to more easily assess their own economic potential. The DID is governed by the Board of Directors and partners with the City of Fort Wayne and a wide-variety of public, not-for-profit, and private sector organizations to make downtown Fort Wayne a more attractive place in which to live, work, create, and do business.
Benefits of Sponsorship: By sponsoring DID events, your organization can expect to:
1. Increase the awareness of your product or brand;
2. Shape or reinforce public perception of your brand attributes;
3. Align your organization with a particular lifestyle (i.e. family events);
4. Differentiate your products or services from your competitors; and,
5. Publicly display your commitment to your community.