Downtown Improvement District staff is looking forward to welcoming you back to our first in-person event of the 2020 event season, while implementing best practices as recommended by the CDC. For the fun and safety of everyone, the following protocols will be in place at this year’s Lunch on the Square:
- Tables and chairs will be sanitized after each use.
- Tables will be set up according to social distancing recommendations.
- Social distancing of 6 feet will be strongly encouraged while in any queue.
- Face coverings are recommended, but will only be required to enter restroom areas. (in the Auer Center)
- Hand sanitizer will be made available in multiple locations.
- You are asked not to attend if you have respiratory or flu-like symptoms (cold, cough, fever, muscle aches) or have been exposed to Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
Downtown Improvement District President Michael Galbraith said, “Lunch on the Square is such a great tradition Downtown and we’re pleased to be able to bring it back to Freimann Square. Outdoor events in the fresh air can help bring people together while maintaining recommended social distancing. We encourage everyone to get outside and enjoy all of the great food and live music. Smiling is great medicine – even if it’s hidden behind your mask!”
Please join us every Thursday, July 9 – August 27, six feet apart, as we continue to stay physically distant but socially connected.
Lunch on the Square is presented by your Downtown Improvement District and sponsored by: Fort Wayne Newspapers, Premier Bank, Fort Wayne’s NBC, MAJIC 95.1, CLASSIC HITS 101.7, ALT 102.3, Indiana Michigan Power, Innovative Engineering Services, Bowen Center, TriCore Logic, Allen Business Machines, Das Fort Media and Arts Campus Fort Wayne.