The safety of Downtown Fort Wayne’s residents, workers, and visitors is of upmost importance to the Downtown Improvement District. We are monitoring all recommendations and updates from government officials surrounding COVID-19.
During this time of adjustments in social events, travel, and work schedules, we encourage everyone to remember our numerous small businesses throughout DTFW and to continue supporting them even if you cannot visit them physically.
If you are not able to visit stores and restaurants physically, there are still things you can do to support our small and local businesses:
- Shop online or via phone. Many of downtown shops have online shopping available and can assist via phone or online communication.
- Purchase custom or corporate gifts from retailers who can handle orders over the phone or online.
- If you do not need anything specific at the moment but still want to support local, buy gift cards to spend later in our various storefront businesses.
- For restaurants, order takeout and tip the same amount as you would dining in.
- If you can’t leave the house, order breakfast, lunch, or dinner delivery from local downtown restaurants using local downtown business, Waiter on the Way.
First and foremost, prioritize and take all health and safety precautions for yourself and others in our community. Our community health as a whole depends on working together, and our small businesses are the lifeblood of the Downtown economy. We want to make sure they continue to stay successful while maintaining appropriate public health safety measures.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: These recommendations originated from Downtown Raleigh Alliance and are being shared through the International Downtown Association.